- I shouldn’t have done . . .
- Why did i do . . .
- I can’t . . .
- I hate . . .
- I really messed up . . .
- Why do people make me feel . . . . .
- Next time i will . . .
- It’s not like me to do that.
- Maybe I can’t, but this is what i can do . . .
- That’s not always true.
- OK, so what? What’s the worst possible thing that can happen?
- Nobody makes me feel a certain way. I choose how i feel, and I choose to feel good.
Positive self-talk can help you change your attitude toward a person, a project, or a problem. Use positive self-talk to change any negative or stressful situation. Why carry things around with you that hurt your self-image?